How to reset ink levels on Dell AIO 922

Bookmark and Share
How to reset ink levels on Dell AIO 922Reset Dell Printer to Default Settings, reset dell aio printer,  "Welcome to BlogEngine.NET" "powered by wordpress" "leave comment" "site:edu inurl:blog"



Dell AIO 922 low ink level, how do I reset? -

Question :
After refilling my black cartridge for the first time I still have a low ink level message each time I send a print job. I am on XP with a dell 8600 laptop. I would like the low ink level indicator to work, so I will know when to next refill my cartridge. Any suggestions? (And thank you all -- I'm new to the site, seems like a great place to share information.)

 Best Answer :
 I'm sorry, I am not framiliar with, or even trained on Dell Printers. However, most of the newer printers have "IC Chips" [tiny electrical chips] actually installed on the ink cartridges. Check your ink cartridges and see if they have those IC Chips installed. If so, then that could be your problem. Most of the newer models of printers, calculate the amount of ink remaining in an ink cartridge, using an IC Chip thats located on the actual ink cartridge. Even if the cartridge is refilled, the amount of ink remaining will not be recalculated by the IC Chip and the amount available for use will not change. You would have to try and locate an "Ink Chip Resetter", to buy and use to actually reset the IC Chip on those ink cartridges. If your printers ink cartridges have those IC Chips installed, then as soon as the printer thinks those cartridges are empty, it will usually shut down your printer, until that ink cartridge or cartrdges are replaced...Denny Conway


Most Dell printers are re-badged Lexmark machines, and while I'm not a huge fan of Lexmark, I've heard their all-in-one and laser machines are much better than their cheapo inkjet machines of Wal-Mart fame, so I'll put some time into this question. I researched, and have discovered, according to this source: http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,117556,00.asp
that the Dell 922 is a re-badged Lexmark x5270

I can't really find much information on the chipped cartridges, but this page has some info on the cartridges (It also lists the Lexmark part numbers of the ink cartridges, however, I read somewhere that the Dell printer will not accept the Lexmark cartridges. I guess they could be chipped differently, so you have to pay even more money for re-badged cartridges.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other search:


 Dell 922 All-In-One InkJet Printer Ink level reset -
"Low Ink" Warnings On Dell AIO 922, 924 & 926 

Reset Dell Printer to Default Settings

 

RELATED POST