how to reset ink levels on dell 720 printer

Bookmark and Share
reset ink levels on dell 720 printer, dell 720 printer ink level reset, reset dell printer

how to reset ink levels on dell 720 printer 
 QUESTION :
My ink levels are coming up as over half left on my computer, but when I test print it only prints red, no yellow blue or black. Is my computer reading the levels wrong? should I just get more ink? I don't want to buy more ink and then have the same problem thank you.

ANSWER :
If you unplug the printer from the wall and remove the power brick for 60 seconds, this will reset any error messages the printer has. I would then plug everything back in.

Power on the printer.

Open the printer(with the power on) and take out the Dell Series 1 black cartridge and then reseat it. I would then take out the color Dell Series 1 ink cartridge and reseat it. Now close the printer and it will print an alignment page.
Any error messages?
black cartridge = black side(left side) color cartridge = color side(right side)photo cartridge = black side(left side) color cartridge = color side(right side)Dell Series 1 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.Dell Series 1 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.It's possible to get a Dell Series 1 ink cartridge with a bad sensor. I would that these back to the place of purchase for a replacement or a refund.

RELATED POST